Tuesday 23 March 2010

Increase Vertical Through Explosion - Why You Want to Avoid Repetition in Your Vertical Workouts

Increase Vertical Through Explosion - Why You Want to Avoid Repetition in Your Vertical Workouts

Looking to Increase Vertical?

The reason that I'm writing this article is that I just spoke with a friend, a great basketball player, the guy's six foot ten just looking to do something to increase his vertical because he'll really be unstoppable at that size if he's got a nice vertical jump. He bought one of the very well-known programs out there-I'm not going to name any names, because I think a lot of the programs do a lot of things right, and I'm not here to make any enemies. But I did notice that in the program, it asked him to do a crazy number of repetitions. In some cases, they wanted him to do up to one thousand repetitions of a certain exercise.

Now I'm just here to tell you right now, do not do that. If you do that, you're going to be training your jumping endurance and not your jumping explosion. Now I know I say that a lot, but unless you understand that, you're going to train for months and months and months, and not get the results you're looking for.

Why Won't I Be Jumping Higher?

In fact, you're going to finish that workout and be so sweaty and so tired, and your muscles are going to be so burnt, that you're going to feel so good about the workout. You're going to think, "What? I'm sure I'm going to be jumping higher after that workout." But it's not the case, and let me give you one example that I think will help you understand this.

Let's say you were training to run the hundred yard dash. And in the hundred yard dash, it's all about speed; it's all about explosion. And let's say I had a program and I said, "Hey, listen, I want to help you run the hundred yard dash better." And I gave you drills to do. And these drills consisted of one-mile runs and two-mile runs. And after those workouts, you were so tired, your legs were just dead. But here's the problem: during those one and two-mile workouts, you're not gaining any speed, really, on your hundred yard dash-possibly a little bit, but if you're already pretty fast, and you've trained your fast twitch muscles to be a certain strength, you're actually going to lose speed.

By the way... are you a dedicated athlete with a desire to excel at your sport? would you like more tips on how to jump higher? Do you want to use the best and most effective vertical jump training system to greatly increase your jump height? If yes, then you need to join Jacob Hiller's Jump Manual Program.
Click here ==> The Jump Manual, to read more about this Vertical Jump Training Program, and how it ranks with other Popular Vertical Jump Training Systems out there.


Related articles: Jacob Hiller's Jumping Manual, Free Vertical Jump Training


...


Article By Jacob Hiller: Jacob Hiller is the creator of a bestselling vertical jump program "The Jump Manual", and he is considered one of the world's foremost authorities on vertical jump training. Click on the following link to visit his website: Jacob Hiller's Jump Manual

No comments:

Post a Comment