Tuesday 23 March 2010

Vertical Jump Exercises - Are You Training Your Vertical the Wrong Way?

Vertical Jump Exercises - Are You Training Your Vertical the Wrong Way?


Vertical Jump Exercises Should Focus On Explosion

The reason that I'm writing this article is that I just spoke with a friend, a great basketball player, the guy's six foot ten just looking to do something to increase his vertical because he'll really be unstoppable at that size if he's got a nice vertical jump. He bought one of the very well-known vertical jump programs out there-I'm not going to name any names, because I think a lot of the programs do a lot of things right, and I'm not here to make any enemies. But I did notice that in the jump program, it asked him to do a crazy number of repetitions.

When you train, if you're not training your explosion, what you're training is your muscles to be more developed for endurance training. So, if you're doing a program right now, I would just recommend that you take your intensity level way up; and you take the number of repetitions way, way down. Because here's what happens: anytime you pace yourself during an exercise where you're trying to train yourself for maximum explosion or maximum muscle contraction, you're going to short-circuit yourself. It's not going to work out right.

How Should I Be Doing My Vertical Jump Exercises Then?

I had a friend and he was wanting to do some vertical jump exercises, and I recommended to him one exercise that's all about explosion; and he just does this one exercise every night before he goes to bed. And he's noticed a fairly significant increase doing one exercise.

Now I've done this particular program with a ton of repetitions-in fact, the program that I just received from my friend, I did a while back. And I noticed some results with it. But I didn't notice the results that I want. Just remember: if any of the drills or exercises are asking you to do really anything over fifteen reps, anything where you're pacing yourself, you're jeopardizing your training-then you might be gearing your training more towards endurance training and not towards explosion.

By the way... are you a dedicated athlete with a desire to excel at your sport? would you like more tips on how to jump higher? Do you want to use the best and most effective vertical jump training system to greatly increase your jump height? If yes, then you need to join Jacob Hiller's The Jump Manual Program.
Click here ==> Jump Manual Review, to read more about this Vertical Jump Training Program, and how it ranks with other Popular Vertical Jump Training Systems out there.


Related articles: Jacob Hiller's Jumping Manual, Free Vertical Jump Training


...


Article By Jacob Hiller: Jacob Hiller is the creator of a bestselling vertical jump program "The Jump Manual", and he is considered one of the world's foremost authorities on vertical jump training. Click on the following link to visit his website: Jacob Hiller's Jump Manual

No comments:

Post a Comment