Tuesday 23 March 2010

Vertical Jump Training - Without Knowing Correct Principles You Won't Improve Your Vertical

Vertical Jump Training - Without Knowing Correct Principles You Won't Improve Your Vertical



Vertical Jump Training The Right Way

In high school, I loved jumping. I wanted to be able to dunk from the free-throw line. I wanted to be able to put my elbow on the rim. I wanted to be able to fly, pretty much. But I was an average jumper, average talent-I wasn't the worst, wasn't the best jumper. And now I understand what had happened. I'm going to explain to you a little bit about how the principles of correct vertical jump training work.

You see, what I was doing, and what you may be doing, is you might be training your butt off, but you might be training your jumping endurance. For instance, if you're training yourself at a certain jumping level and most of your training occurs at this level, you're basically training yourself to jump at this level a certain amount of times, or in other words, you're training your jumping endurance.

Now what you need in order to jump higher than anyone else or to reach your physical jumping potential is you need to have explosion. And explosion is created in two ways, through the combination of strength and quickness. You can have one but not the other, and the formula will not work. But strength plus quickness equals explosion. So if you train your legs to react quickly and to move their force quickly, and you have a lot of strength, then you have explosion.

A Good Vertical Program Will Show You The Correct Way To Do Vertical Jump Exercises

For instance, a bodybuilder may have a lot of strength, he may be able to squat a thousand pounds. But this bodybuilder has to do it slowly with the rise up and down. That's not going to create explosion. That's not going to create a vertical jump. So what a good vertical program does, is it shows you which vertical jump exercises actually train your explosion and not your jumping endurance. I really hope you understand that, because I spent years getting mediocre results, and if I would have been doing these same drills for years, I don't know what level I'd be at.

And now I'm at a level where I go to a gym when I play basketball, and people aren't necessarily impressed by my skills, or by my shot, which is decent-it's not as good as I'd like it to be, but every time I play basketball, people always ask me, "Hey, how did you learn to jump like that?" You want to understand how you can do it, so you can make an educated decision in your vertical training.

Vertical training is a science, and when its ideas are implemented correctly, results are guaranteed. Now that you've got some ideas about ways to improve your vertical jump, would you like more tips for how to jump higher? You'll get actionable ways to get the results you want.

And by the way... are you a dedicated athlete with a desire to excel at your sport? would you like more tips on how to jump higher? Do you want to use the best and most effective vertical jump training system to greatly increase your jump height? If yes, then you need to join Jacob Hiller's The Jump Manual Program.
Click here ==> Jump Manual Review, to read more about this Vertical Jump Training Program, and how it ranks with other Popular Vertical Jump Training Systems out there.


Related articles: Jacob Hiller's Jumping Manual, Free Vertical Jump Training


...


Article By Jacob Hiller: Jacob Hiller is the creator of a bestselling vertical jump program "The Jump Manual", and he is considered one of the world's foremost authorities on vertical jump training. Click on the following link to visit his website: Jacob Hiller's Jump Manual

No comments:

Post a Comment